TYRONE A. GRIFFIN
Manager of Finance, Business Analysis and IT Reporting in Metro Atlanta.
MS Word or PDF
Data Analysis /
1st Degree Black Belt in Chun Kuk Do
Motivational Speaking Testimonials
Business Analysis, Heathcare, Insurance, Claims Analysis , Budgeting and Forecasting, Contract Management, Database Marketing, Finance Manager, Change Management, Insurance Operations, Director of Operations, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Office, SQL, Sales Compensation, Business Scorecards, Senior Management Reporting, COGNOS, Corporate Strategy Development, Reporting Tools, Membership Analysis, Financial/Utilization Modeling, Training and Mentoring, Public Speaking, Analytics Management, 30301, 30302, 30303, 30304, 30305, 30306, 30307, 30308, 30309, 30310, 30311, 30312, 30313, 30314, 30315, 30316, 30317, 30318, 30319, 30320, 30321, 30322, 30323, 30324, 30325, 30326, 30327, 30328, 30329, 30330, 30331, 30332, 30333, 30334, 30335, 30336, 30337, 30338, 30339, 30340, 30341, 30342, 30343, 30344, 30345, 30346, 30347, 30348, 30349, 30350, 30351, 30353, 30354, 30355, 30356, 30357, 30358, 30359, 30360, 30361, 30362, 30363, 30364, 30365, 30366, 30367, 30368, 30369, 30370, 30371, 30374, 30375, 30376, 30377, 30378, 30379, 30380, 30381, 30384, 30385, 30386, 30387, 30388, 30389, 30390, 30392, 30394, 30396, 30398, 30399, 31106, 31107, 31119, 31126, 31131, 31139, 31141, 31145, 31146, 31150, 31156, 31191, 31192, 31193, 31195, 31196, 31197, 31198, 31199, 39901
Finance and Operations Manager specializing in strategic planning, data analytics, business trend analysis and helping the business side and IT communicate to improve business reporting. Skilled in strategic planning and creative problem solving of complex business challenges. Accomplished public speaker and social media developer, able to connect with audiences and deliver messages that are timely, relavent and interesting.
|KAISER PERMANENTE, Atlanta, GA||2009 - 2010|
Program Director / IT Liaison, Strategy & Operations Analytics
• Managed technology team, focusing on individual needs to identify opportunities for growth.
• Partnered with IT managers to develop more consistent and efficient support of the business needs.
• Lead workgroup to develop standard definitions and consistent data mining methodologies.
• Created claim utilization-based analysis methodology and healthcare analytics dashboards.
• Developed methodology for analyzing insurance plan performance.
• Partnered with internal senior manager to analyze provider network rightsizing initiative and develop individual member, group customer and corporate communication strategies. • Created methodology for analyzing geographic patterns of care.
• Led project for tracking member demographics to develop a more effective strategic plan.
|AMERIGROUP COMMUNITY CARE, Atlanta, GA||2007 - 2009|
• Managed the administrative budget development process and tracked monthly expenses, worked directty with cost center managers to understand the drivers of their P&L costs.
• Developed forecasting models in Excel to mirror the claim payment methodology of central mainframe computers.
• Developed monthly, quarterly and on-demand reports for submissions to Department of Children’s Health and submitted annual Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) results to ensure federal compliance.
• Exceeded $19 million expense initiative target by $1.8 million through partnerships with senior leaders.
• Saved $1.4 million by improving the efficiency of calculating claim reserves.
• Created custom SQL queries to develop Access and Excel-based CPT-4 and ICD-9 claims analysis.
|AETNA HEALTH PLANS||1989 - 2007|
Senior Financial Consultant, Atlanta, GA (2005-2007)
Developed bi-weekly forecasts of sales, growth and seepage projections using MS Excel and COGNOS
• Nominee, Aetna Way Excellence Award in recognition of outstanding job performance.
Medical Economics Consultant, Middletown, CT (2003-2005)
Developed financial models in Excel to analyze hospital contracts and support market network negotiators.
• Partnered with network managers on multi-million dollar contract negotiation with the Boston Children’s Hospital.
National Accounts Planning Coordinator, Middletown, CT (1999-2003)
• Developed sales compensation plan, bonus approval process, and end user Access database.
• Trained field representatives in sales tracking methodology.
Database Marketing Consultant, Middletown, CT (1994-1999)
Developed national prospecting, sales automation and contact management process.
• Implemented national business-to-business database marketing programs.
• Trained field staff in geo-demographic segmentation techniques for marketing initiatives.
Business Systems Analyst, Middletown, CT (1991-1994)
Applied experience with group insurance accounting processes to analyzing and testing on-line accounting system.
• Led IT projects to redesign database and implement data purge and archiving process.
Customer Financial Analyst, Middletown, CT (1989-1991)
Projected premium, claims and reserve and presented financial accountings for group insurance programs.
• Managed portfolio of customers totaling $12 million in renewal premium.
• Develop unique, interactive motivational lectures and how-to clinics
|Click||for more info|
Working with Tyrone was a great pleasure. When ever I went to him for assistance, he always replied back in a professional manner providing me with the information I needed. He was very response and punctual as well. Great guy to work with.”
- An internal customer
“While the business was implementing significant change, Tyrone demonstrated leadership in the drive towards information and process improvement in the Region supporting the Key Strategic Initiatives.”
- A peer manager
“Tyrone is a self initiator and always willing to pitch in times of need. He is not afraid to step in and roll up his sleeves. Tyrone has a good customer orientation in his approach. He possesses a way of connecting with people even through complex and difficult situations.”
- A senior product head
“Tyrone delivered a motivational speech using creativity and humor. I valued his "outside the box" thinking, along with his clear communication skills. Tyrone would be a valuable asset to any company.”
"Tyrone affirms that we all share similar thoughts and concerns in our searches and he offers uplifting solutions to help us stay focused and positive..."
"Two thumbs up!!!!!”
- Presentation attendees
• Table discussion facilitator at faith-based transition networking meeting
• Lead facilitator at weekly corporate-sponsored motivational gathering
DATA ANALYSIS/MEDICAL ECONOMICS
• Developed financial models to analyze hospital contracts and support the New England market network negotiators.
• Eliminated costly and cumbersome data clean up process by developing method of identifying and correcting errors in upstream reporting systems.
• Created methodology, models and user interface to track the performance statistics of 300+ national accounts sales staff and compare to annual membership, sales, seepage and financial targets.
• Spearheaded implementation and utilization of corporate scorecards as an analysis and management tool, resulting in increased segment manager effectiveness.
• Created claim utilization-based analysis methodology and healthcare analytics dashboards. • Developed methodology for analyzing plan performance.
• Partnered with internal senior manager to analyze provider network rightsizing initiative and develop individual member, group customer and corporate communication strategies.
• Managed the annual administrative budget development process and tracked monthly expenses, holding cost center managers accountable.
• Exceeded $19 million medical expense initiative target by $1.8 million by working with both clinical and non-clinical senior leaders to track and quantify financial impact of member-focused behavioral initiatives.
• Saved $1.4 million by redesigning the methodology used to calculate incurred but unrecorded claims reserves.
• Developed extensive Excel and Access financial models to analyze hospital contracts and support regional market network negotiators.
• Personally managed customer portfolio totaling $12 million in premium.